Monday, August 23, 2010

A Concerted Effort

“There’s no question that there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some. I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque being funded. How is this being ginned up.” – Nancy Pelosi, speaker of the house

Hi all,

Nancy Pelosi’s quote above tells me a few things about our elected officials. Her quote left me shaking my head and wondering, politicians have really lost touch with the people they represent. Nancy Pelosi is right though, when she says that there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue. This should be an issue of what’s right for our country, not a political issue for either side. Why is it so damn difficult to do what’s right nowadays? Legally and constitutionally, can a mosque be built on this site in question, yes. Should a mosque be built on the site, no. I guess that only the first amendment rights of Muslims are sacred to Nancy Pelosi. Never mind the rights of the 75-80% of Americans who find placing a mosque near the site of the 911 attacks to be insensitive, inappropriate, offensive and indecent. I mean, just because they can, should they? Personally, to me if a mosque is allowed to be built there, it might as well be built in the shape of an extended middle finger, toward the American people.

You know what else I noticed? Where are these so called Republican leaders?
Oh sure, you heard of them now speaking out against this mosque, but it took President Obama to open his mouth to get Republicans to speak out. See folks, this is what I mean when I said politicians are losing touch. Not Democrats, nor Republicans, but all of them. I’ve heard of this mosque being proposed a while ago, surely Republican leaders had heard something about this before President Obama said something. It seems that they have to see what direction the wind of the court of public opinion is blowing before something is said. I’ve read blogs and newsletters from other tea party members regarding this opposition of the mosque, well before this latest wave of politicians on T.V and radio talking about this. Why? Aren’t we paying these folks to stay on top of these things? I think it’s time for us 75-80% of Americans to do what’s right… in November let’s vote ‘em out!

How did we get to this point? Where the will of the people is just pushed aside? Weather by a Judge or by a political party, why is this happening? What do you think about the mosque issue? Nancy Pelosi wants anyone opposed to the mosque investigated, that’s you and me. Let me hear from you, American tea party.

Join us on our website www.thepeopleofliberty.com

Until next time, Rodney

No comments:

Post a Comment