Saturday, December 19, 2009

“Ground Hog Day”, In December

Angry yet. Same old crap, out of control government spending. I’m not sure what it will take to get your attention, but check this out. It looks like our House of Representatives are at it again. They have passed a 174 billion dollar JOBS PLAN. Wasn’t it not that long ago that we were told that jobs are on the way. That millions of Americans would be put back to work. Billions of our dollars were spent for this to become a reality. I don’t know where these jobs are, but I do know unemployment is above 10%. Now, as far as the House of Representatives is concerned, they propose to take 174 billion dollars more from us, for the same promise that was made earlier this year. I wonder what happened to that money… our money. I feel like I’m in the movie “Ground Hog Day”

Unfortunately, a large portion of the House Bill is for infrastructure and government projects. But infrastructure spending is notoriously slow to spend out as projects need to be planned and can require a lengthy contracting process. Most of the so called shovel ready projects have already been founded, according to the Congressional Budget Office, less than half of the 39 billion in the measure for Transportation and Housing projects would be spent over the next decade, with just 1.7 billion being spent through next September. Honestly, I wouldn’t be too upset if this bill would guarantee millions of Americans being put back to work of some kind within the next year or so. But I know that’s not the case. Now, what I’m about to say may rub some folks the wrong way but I’m going to say it anyway. The bill also allows poor people with little to no income to claim a $1000 per child tax credit. Sounds like a welfare payment to 16 million families. I wonder how many of these families are thinking, hell, we can sit here and do nothing and get a thousand bucks from the taxpayers. Bless you, President Obama. Now please, don’t get me wrong. I’m sure that there are those that lost jobs and have paid into the system. So yes, you would deserve the credit. For others, I don’t know why I would be paying for you to sit on your butt and do nothing, and for you to have the audacity to think you deserve it. We have Politicians to do that.

There is a silver lining to this. The Senate is not scheduled to begin debate on their version of this bill until next year. So, this House version is not law. The Senate still has to deal with the Health Care bill and it’ Hopefully, this goes into next year. Remember 2010 is an election year for many in the House and Senate. Incumbents are becoming reluctant to keep adding to the deficit. We are making a difference. I hope that it will be enough, but the fight must go on. Don’t become discouraged, get angry.

Check out our website www.peopleofliberty.com see how your elected officials have voted. Look at the armory section to arm yourself with knowledge. If our elected officials are not doing what we pay them for, then lets fire them.

I want all of you to be safe, be happy and have a wonderful, Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment