Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Fellow Americans

My fellow Americans, I am no politician (thank God), I am but a simple man. I have no PhD or Law degree however, I am an outstanding student of life (reality) and I expect to graduate with top honors. I have studied Theology, Philosophy, Social Sciences, Political Science, Military Theory, Current Affairs, and many other disciplines.
I am writing today as I am very disturbed at the apathy and out-right naïveté of some of us here in America. There are a great many of us that seem to view things as left or right, liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican, this my friends is extremely dangerous. Yes, it is no secret that I am a conservative, this will not change however, my complaints lie with my party as well. Both parties are guilty for the position we find ourselves in today.Many of you, I know, are upset about the financial situation America finds herself in today. Those of you on the left, blame President Bush (for damn near everything) for the financial collapse. Those of you on the right blame Congress and former President’s Clinton and Carter for the financial chaos. The thing is you both are correct but, you fail to see the common denominator; they’re POLITICIANS!
The reason politicians throw money around like it wasn’t theirs is because IT’S NOT, IT’S OUR MONEY!!! I know for a fact that there are things that the politicians are paying for that neither those of you on the left nor those of you on the right would ever imagine paying for: bailing out banks, car companies, mortgage lenders, etc. I know those of the conservative ilk abhor paying for abortions and liberal arts programs, as much as those with a progressive slant can’t stand paying for weapons and military projects. Both sides are getting screwed here but we blame each other instead of taking care of the real issue, Politicians!
Like quarreling siblings, we have called each other names and fought like step-brothers. We have attacked each other relentlessly, especially as of late. Let me tell you, I have got so angry at times with the rhetoric from those of you on the left I had to resort to name-calling right back. I am not a racist, Nazi, Fascist, bigot anymore than you are a baby killing, God-less, America-hating, elitist. This stuff gets us nowhere and actually cripples our ability to focus on the real problems, Politicians.

Our founding fathers (the old dead white guys) created this country so that the people would have control of the government, not the other way around. Who let this happen? What the hell can we do? Where did we go wrong? When did we lose control? How can we change it back to what it was meant to be? These are the questions we need to ask ourselves. I am hoping this is not just a conservative way of thinking and that it is an American way of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment